Clip to Canvas
Clip to Canvas restricts the document view, so you can only see objects which are placed on the page. When disabled (default), your pasteboard is exposed so you can make use of items stored off page.
When Clip to Canvas view mode is active:
- Objects on the page are visible.
- If objects extend beyond the page edge, only the parts of the object which are on the page are visible.
- Objects on the pasteboard are hidden.
When Clip to Canvas view mode is deactivated:
- The pasteboard becomes visible.
- All objects and layers are visible, regardless of the placement on page or pasteboard.
To deactivate/activate Clip to Canvas:
- From the View menu, select View Mode and then select Clip to Canvas.