Selecting and editing layers
Selecting and editing layers (and layer objects) are essential operations when working with multi-layered documents. Layers can also be renamed for easy identification or given a unique colour to differentiate objects that belong to different layers.
To select a layer:
- In the Layers panel, click the layer name. This displays all layer objects as one selection in your workspace.
To select a specific layer object:
- In the Layers panel, expand the layer to show its contents by clicking the layer's arrow.
- Double-click the layer object's thumbnail. The zoom will fit to display the chosen object.
To select multiple layers (or layer objects):
- In the Layers panel, -click each layer (or layer object).
To change a layer name or colour:
- -click the layer and select Properties.
- Type a new name or select a new layer colour by clicking the colour swatch.