By default, layers are positioned:
- Directly above the currently selected layer.
- At the top of the layer stack, if there is no layer selected.
This default targeting behavior can be modified so a new layer can be created below the current layer, at the top of the layer stack (regardless of selection), or nested inside a layer.
To change targeting behavior:
From the Toolbar, choose one of the following:
- Insert behind the selection
- Insert at the top of the layer
- Insert inside the selection