Artistic text, as the name suggests, is best suited to single, prominent words (or phrases) or decorative typographical design.
The following settings can be adjusted from the context toolbar:
- Font—sets the font of the text. Select from the pop-up menu.
- Font Size—type directly in the text box or drag the pop-up slider to set the value.
- Font Style—click to display a pop-up menu with optional formats for the selected font, or select Bold, Italic, and/or Underline.
- Font Color—click the color swatch to display a pop-up panel to update fill color.
- Character Style—applies a character style to the selected text. Select from the pop-up menu.
- Update Character Style—updates the character style of the selected text.
- Character—provides access to the Character panel for advanced text settings.
- Paragraph Style—applies a paragraph style to the selected text or to the paragraph in which the caret currently resides. Select from the pop-up menu.
- Update Paragraph Style—updates the paragraph style of the selected text.
- Paragraph—provides access to the Paragraph panel for advanced paragraph settings.
- Left Align—sets the paragraph alignment to the left margin.
- Center Align—sets the paragraph alignment to be equidistant from the left and right margins.
- Right Align—sets the paragraph alignment to the right margin.
- Justified (with additional pop-up menu options).
- Justified Left—sets the paragraph alignment to both the left and right margins. The last line of a paragraph is left aligned.
- Justified Center—as with Justified Left, however, the last line of a paragraph is center aligned.
- Justified Right—as with Justified Left, however, the last line of a paragraph is right aligned.
- Justified All—as with Justified Left, however, the last line of a paragraph is justified regardless of length (sometimes known as Force-Justified).
- Bulleted List—inserts a bulleted list.
- Numbered List—inserts a numbered list.
- Paragraph Leading (distance between text baselines)—type directly in the text box or select from the pop-up menu.
- Typography—provides access to the Typography dialog for advanced typography settings.