Typically text is placed into a chosen text frame but you can also import text as artistic text or path text.
Affinity Publisher can import text files in Microsoft Word (.docx), Rich Text Format (.rtf) and plain text formats (.txt).
To import text into an empty text frame:
- With the Frame Text Tool active, do one of the following:
- From the File menu, select Place. In the pop-up dialog, navigate to and select a file, and click Open.
- Drag and drop the file from a folder on your operating system onto the text frame.
- Paste (V) previously copied text from Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign or other text source.
- -click the text frame, and select Paste.
To import a text file's contents into a populated text frame at a specific location:
- Select the Frame Text Tool.
- Click at a chosen text position to make an insertion point.
- From the File menu, select Place as described previously.
To replace all frame text in a text frame with a text file's contents:
- Select the Move Tool.
- Select the text frame, ensuring that you don't double-click it (making an insertion point).
- From the File menu, select Place as previously.
To import text as artistic text or path text:
- From the artistic or path text's insertion point, select File>Place.