Lines, curves, shapes and text can be rasterized to create pixel layers.
Rasterization has various uses:
- For when the appearance of complex vector gradients or effects needs to be honored, particularly for print artwork.
- To convert a placed image layer to a pixel layer (for pixel manipulation). By default, many brush tools rasterize image layers before painting.
To rasterize an object:
Do one of the following:
- From Layer menu, select Rasterize.
- On the Layers panel, -click a layer and select Rasterize.
To rasterize an object and trim off-canvas content:
- On the Layers panel, -click a layer and select Rasterize & Trim.
To rasterize an object to a mask:
- From Layer menu, select Rasterize To Mask.