Templates are predesigned documents from which new documents can be created and then edited. Like a regular document, each template can contain its own pages/artboards, text styles, assets, swatches palettes and other resources.
Templates are imported via the New Document dialog.
Your Affinity app can import compatible templates with an .aftemplate file extension.
To import templates:
- In Finder, create a folder in which to store templates.
- In Explorer, create a folder in which to store templates.
- Move or copy your .aftemplate files into the folder.
- In your Affinity app, select File>New.
- On the New Document dialog, select Templates.
- Select Add Folder.
- Browse to and select the folder created in step 1.
- Click Choose.
To make a new, unsaved document from a template:
- Select File>New.
- Select Templates.
- Select a folder to see the templates it contains.
- Choose a template.
- Click Create.