Flood Erase Tool works by replacing the color of pixels on the current layer with fully transparent pixels. The pixels affected are determined by the following:
- The color of the pixel under the tool when you click on your page.
- Whether the pixels are within the same selection area.
- The pixels are directly connected to the clicked pixel or any others that are affected.
- The tool's Tolerance settings (see below).
The following settings can be adjusted from the context toolbar:
- Tolerance—sets the range of pixels affected when a pixel is clicked. For lower tolerance settings, pixels must be very close in value to the clicked pixel. For higher tolerance settings, pixel color can vary widely from the clicked pixel.