Opening a raw image
You can open raw images from your digital camera directly into Affinity Photo. In doing so, you'll be able to process the unprocessed image, deciding for yourself how your image is to be developed.
For a comprehensive up-to-date list of RAW file support, please see the following links:
Processing raw images is carried out exclusively within Affinity Photo's Develop Persona. Once you commit to how you want to your image to be developed, the image can then be worked on in other Personas.
To open a raw image:
- From the File menu, click Open.
- Select the raw file you want and click Open.
The raw image is loaded into Develop Persona for processing.
To open a recently used raw image:
- From the File menu, click Open Recent, then select a raw file from the submenu.
To open a raw image as a new document (via Finder):
- Open Finder and drag the file to an off page area of your workspace.
To open a raw image as a new document (via Explorer):
- Open Explorer and drag the file to any menu or toolbar (not your page or pasteboard).