There are several marquee tools you can use to create pixel selections:
- Rectangular Marquee Tool—creates a rectangular or square selection.
- Elliptical Marquee Tool—creates an elliptical or circular selection.
- Column Marquee Tool—creates a rectangular selection of the set pixel width which spans the entire image's height.
- Row Marquee Tool—creates a rectangular selection of the set pixel height which spans the entire image's width.
To create a pixel selection:
- With a marquee selection tool selected, drag on your page.
To set the width of a column/row selection:
- With the Column Marquee Tool or Row Marquee Tool selected, on the context toolbar, adjust the Width setting.