The following settings are shown on the Effects panel:
- Opacity—Controls the transparency of the effect.
- Layer Effects—provides access to the Layer Effects dialog for more advanced settings and controls.
The following advanced settings can be adjusted in the Layer Effects dialog:
- Type—determines the gradient type used. Select from the pop-up menu.
- Gradient—sets the greyscale or colour gradient. Click the gradient thumbnail to edit.
- Scale—defines the spread of the gradient separately for the X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axes.
- Offset—defines the start and end stops of the gradient. This is set separately for the X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axes.
- Angle—defines the direction of the light source, shadow or gradient.
- Scale with Object—when selected, the effect scales in proportion to the layer contents if the content is resized. If this option is off, the effect's scale remains unchanged when the layer content is resized.
- Fill Opacity—sets the opacity of the layer contents without affecting the applied effects.