The margins give an indication of the extent of the page that will be printed when using a desktop printer. Design elements positioned outside the margins may not be printed.
Margin positions are set up on document creation either manually or by using the settings of an installed printer. They are non-printing and non-exporting.
To set page margins:
- On document setup, check Include margins.
- In the dialog, do one of the following:
- Set the Left Margin, Right Margin, Top Margin, and Bottom Margin.
- Click Retrieve Margin from Printer to automatically set margins to the settings of your desktop printer.
To edit the current document's margins:
- From the Document menu, select Margins.
To hide/show margins:
- From the View menu, deselect/select Show Margins. A check mark is displayed next to the menu item when the margins are visible.