To modify a preset brush stroke:
- On the Brushes panel:
- Select a preset.
- Click Edit Brush.
- Adjust the settings in the Stroke section.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Duplicate to save the modified preset to a new custom preset.
- Click Close to save the custom settings to the current preset.
- Click Reset to return settings to those of the preset.
To create a custom preset brush stroke from scratch:
On the Brushes panel, click the panel preferences icon and then select:
- New Solid Brush—creates a basic, solid vector stroke.
- New Textured Intensity Brush—creates a brush stroke based on the opacity values of a raster image. In the pop-up dialog, navigate to and select a file, and click Open.
- New Textured Image Brush—creates a brush stroke based on the color values of a raster image. In the pop-up dialog, navigate to and select a file, and click Open.
The new brush is added to the selected category using default settings.