Page margins give an indication of the extent of the page that will be printed when using a desktop printer. Design elements positioned outside the margins may not be printed.
Margin positions can be customized manually or using the settings of an installed printer. They are non-printing and non-exporting.
To change page margins:
- From the default context toolbar, or File menu, select Document Setup.
- In the pop-up dialog, select the Margins tab.
- Select the Include margins option.
- Do one of the following:
- Set the Left Margin, Right Margin, Top Margin, and Bottom Margin.
- Click Retrieve Margin from Printer to automatically set margins to the settings of your desktop printer.
To hide/show margins:
- From the View menu, deselect/select Show Margins. A check mark is displayed next to the menu item when the margins are visible.